Jomo's first authentic, Japanese-imported tenugui handmade from the city of Kyushu! KOMESICHI is a Japanese company established in 1916 with a long history of producing authentic and quality tenugui.
A tenugui (手拭い) is a traditional, thin Japanese cloth made from cotton that is also commonly used as a headband. Tenugui also have a similar function to towels, being used as a washcloth or dishcloth, for example. They can also be used as souvenirs, decorations, or for wrapping bottles and similar items.
- (Normal type) SIZE : about 33 x 90 cm / 13 x 35.4 inch
- (Prevent fraying type) SIZE : about 33 x 88 cm / 13 x 34.6 inch
- Material: Cotton 100% - Made in Japan
- Tenugui type: "prevent fraying" = sewed so that ends will not fray
- "Bun" is a fabric spun with about 17 yarns in a width of about 1cm; superior in water absorption. It has a rougher feel, but it gets softer as you use it.